/>

February 1, 2013

Review | Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Hey everybody!  Cassia here!  Finally, here's my review of the last Wicked Lovely book, Darkest Mercy.  I love all the covers--they're so pretty!  I also like the titles--they all contradict themselves, except for Ink Exchange.  I'm a fan of short, catchy titles, so I really like all the titles.  Anyway, here's my review of Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr:

WARNING: Darkest Mercy is the fifth and final book in the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr.  If you have not read the first four books, I highly suggest you stop reading NOW.  Thank you!



Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Bananach is gaining power by the day.
Aislinn is learning to rule the Summer court alone.
Keenan is who-knows-where.
Donia wants to do something, but no one will help her, and she still longs for Keenan.
Seth is ready to fight, and wants to kill Bananach, but Sorcha wants to keep him with her in Faery, where she can protect him and keep him safe.
Irial is on his deathbed, and Niall is losing it, unable to do anything but destroy in a blind rage.

Bananach is ready to take over the mortal world, and nobody can see a solution.  Can Aislinn, Keenan, Donia, Niall, and Seth find a way to control her before she kills them all?


Favorite.  Book.  Ever.  Now, that’s a bold statement.  There are so many YA books out there, so me saying that this is my favorite book...well, you get the idea.  Anywho, so do you remember who my favorite character is?  Of all time?  Yeah, Irial.  Look at the summary again.  I was bawling.  (I don’t waste tears on books at all, so when I say bawling, I mean on the inside, not the outside.)  I was not happy.  This book was very emotion-centered, rather than action-centered, except for maybe the last 15 chapters.  Just a warning, but trust me, it’s still good.  Also, when I picked this book up, I was sad and happy at the same time.  I was happy because I finally got to know what happened, and I was sad because it was the last book, and I wouldn’t get any more.

So, things have gotten pretty bad.  Keenan is MIA, and once again, I wanted to slap him.  You, as a reader, know where he is, but none of the other characters do.  Later, after he finally came up with a solution, I wanted to slap him again.  Mostly because I saw it from the first book, but I was happy with it.  Donia was the same as always: she wants Keenan, but won’t go after him because of her court.  Niall is literally losing his mind, going mad, however you want to put it.  What do I mean by destroy everything in a blind rage?  I mean run around his house like a crazy man, grabbing everything and throwing it into a wall, slashing the couches, etc.  Yes, I know, his lover is on his deathbed, you have to give him some leeway, but I thought his reaction was a little extreme.

In the final book in the Wicked Lovely series, Marr exhibits sacrifice, pushing through all the bad things for others, and, once again, love.
Five stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment