/>

March 8, 2013

Die For Me by Amy Plum

Hey everybody!  Cassia here!  Here's another review!  I wrote the summary in first person, and it's only the first paragraph of my review.  Just wanted to say that so you don't get confused!



Die For Me by Amy Plum

I’m in Paris.  I want to go out more, but I can’t.  Everything reminds me of my parents.  Then there’s Vincent.  He is polite, and attractive, and I think he might have saved my life.  He won’t let me see his family or his parents, though.  Who is he, and just what is he hiding?


You might have heard me say this before: there are girl books, and then there are boy books.  This is a flat-out girl book.  I mean, all you have to know is the setting: Paris, France.  The City of Lights and Love.  Oh, and this book is fantasy.  It might not seem like it, but lets just say it’s about revenants.  And I’m going to let you read the book and find out what they are.  (Pssst!  Yeah, you!  It has to do with the title!)  It’s not bad, don’t worry.  Also, this is one of those books that is a cross-genre, and if you took a test on it and there was only one blank for the genre, you would try to write really small to get both genres on it.  It’s a fantasy-romance.  Maybe more romance than fantasy, actually.

The protagonist in this book is Kate.  She might just be one of my favorite female characters.  I’ve found that--in the books I read, at least--if the protagonist is female, they’re usually likable.  (If I don’t like the protagonist, though, I wouldn’t read it.  I mean, you have to deal with them for the whole book!)  Kate is very likable.  When Plum writes, Kate’s grieving is very real, especially if you’ve grieved in the same way.  And, with every romance, there is a boy.  In this case, it’s Vincent (ahh I love that name!).  There isn’t a whole lot I can say about him, because I don’t want to spoil it, but I did like him a lot.  When you read the book, you’ll know why.

In the first book of the Revenants series, Plum writes with a sense of reality that is present throughout the book, and also explores sacrifice and healing.
Five stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment