/>

June 10, 2014

Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon Day #1

Yesterday was the kick-off of the Sweet Summer Read-a-thon hosted by The Book Tower. We posted our ambitious reading goals and challenges here.
It's not too late to sign up.
All three of us will post our progress daily, which includes the books we finished, the amount of pages we read, and our impressions of the book.
So, without further explaining, here is our progress for Day One.









Max
 
Books Started: Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (115 pages) and Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian (43 pages)
Books Finished: Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Pages Read: 158
Impressions: The part I read of Nobody, the ending, was really intense and enjoyable, and I complete forget now why I had waited so long to finish it. It was adorable but also chock-full of action and I thought it was fantastic. I began Burn for Burn , which seems really interesting and I'm not really sure what's going to happen.
Frustrations: This is just a personal preference, but both of these books are told through multiple points-of-view, which for me, takes a while to get into, especially third person like Nobody.
Challenges Completed: None
 
Tessa
 
Books Started: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (158 pages) and City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (67 pages)
Books Finished: None yet
Pages Read: 225 (I am winning!)
Impressions: I am really enjoying The Distance Between Us. Caymen, the main character, is amazingly sarcastic and one of the most realistic characters I have read about in a while. Also, I am glad that I am re-reading City of Lost Souls. Apparently, I forget most it, so I have to read it before I start City of Heavenly Fire.
Frustrations: I am disappointed that The Distance Between Us is not a summer book (to me the cover screamed summer). I did not read as much as I thought I would today. I honestly wanted to finish at least one book.
Challenges Completed: Read 200 pages a day.
 
Cassia
 
Books Started: The One by Kiera Cass
Books Finished: The Elite by Kiera Cass
Pages Read: 195
Impressions: The Selection is mostly about character development. From the beginning of the series, America has really changed. Not always for the better, but I enjoy seeing her change and try to find her way in the midst of a revolution, and two boys.
Frustrations: Her indecision. Oh, and Aspen. Why can't he just not say anything about Maxon? If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, Aspen. He's the main reason America doesn't trust Maxon, and she loves Aspen too much to see that he's manipulating her. And I know America is very passionate, but you would think she wouldn't mess things up as much between her and Maxon. Sometimes I just want to scream at her, "Maxon loves you!!! Why can't you see that and let go of Aspen?" Nonetheless, I really do like her. I am just very frustrated.
Challenges Completed: None
 
 

1 comment: