/>

February 21, 2015

Love A Thon 2015 | Introduction and Spine Poetry



Happy LoveAThon everyone!

In case you did not know, the Book Blogger Love A Thon is an annual event hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books.

I just found out about this wonderful blogger love fest when I stumbled on the #LoveAThon chat on Twitter. A ton of lovely bloggers were talking and basking in all of the bookish love. So, I wanted to join in. And, it is not too late for you to join in! Just fill out the form and start sharing the love. There are plenty of mini challenges, giveaways, and love to share!

Since I joined in a little late, I am combining the introduction questionnaire and the first challenge into one post.

So if you want to know a little bit more about me, my blog, and my awesome poetry skills, come share the love!




What is your name?

Tessa G. is the name I use on my blog. No, that is not my real name. I picked the name of one of my favorite characters (Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare). I have been told that I am a lot like her, including the unruly hair, love of anything bookish, sarcasm, and indecisiveness.

How did you get into blogging in the first place?

I originally started this blog with two of my very best friends, who go by Max and Cassia. If you have been following this blog for a long time, you might have realized that they have not been making as many appearances. Cassia is on an unexpected hiatus and Max has been too busy with life to do much besides Top Ten Tuesday (even though she has a couple reviews coming up). Back to the story, we all loved reading, writing, and talking about books. Unfortunately, nobody else wanted to listen to us ramble about books. So, we started this blog.

How did you come up with your blog name?

I actually came up with the name. Again, if you have been following my blog for some time, then you know that my preferred form of humor is puns. I manage to put at least one in every post. So, I thought, I am crazy for books, but especially, young adult. I am crazy for YA. Then, I figured out that it was kind of a pun since I am crazy for young adult books, but also about you, my fellow readers and writers.

What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?

Obviously, we mostly review young adult books, but there are occasionally some middle grade and new adult books thrown in. To be more specific, we mostly read fantasy, sci-fi, and contemporaries.

Favorite thing about blogging community?

Being able to communicate and make friends with so many different bloggers. I have met so many new and amazing people throughout the blogosphere and I am hoping to meet more during the LoveAThon.

Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies?

That is a good question. I love writing. I also love playing tennis (even though I am not good at it). I also love cooking, baking, and playing with my little jug puppy (she is a mix between a Jack Russel and a pug. Basically the cutest combination ever!).


Now for the first challenge....

Spine Poetry

All you have to do is make poetry using the spines of books. But, it is not as easy as it sounds, believe me. 
When you are done, or if you want to check out some from other bloggers, visit the Linky.




My true love gave to me,
 the best and most unusual, 
ink.


Nobody,
ever,
shatter me.



Beautiful creatures,
promise me,
the alchemy of forever.

I hope you enjoyed the first post of the 2015 LoveAThon! Stay tuned for more challenges.

Are you participating in #LoveAThon? What is your favorite book spine poetry? How do you plan to spread the blogger love?





16 comments:

  1. Great poems, I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the first one is my favorite too.

      Delete
  2. Awesome poems! I'm especially happy to see Shatter Me in there. :) I also love that Tessa is your blogging name; The Infernal Devices is one of my favorite series ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love the Infernal Devices too. I could really relate to Tessa, so I chose her name as my pen name.

      Delete
  3. Awesome poems! You done a really great job :)

    Looking forward to more love a thon posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to doing the rest of the challenges too!

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh! I really like your poem! It comes together really well!

    P.S. I am all for the puns. I knew right away that I had to follow your blog (all those months ago) because of the name. I had a good chuckle. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I am so glad that you found my blog and we got to get to know each other. Happy Love A Thon!

      Delete
  5. Those are pretty poems!! I missed the spine cover poems *snaps fingers* darn it. The last poem is my favorite. :) Glad your participating as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Also, it's not too late to make a quick spine poem. No one will mind that it is a little late, I promise!

      Delete
  6. I'm so annoyed that I didn't know about this and I honestly have no idea how I missed it since everyone else seems to know about it (my Bloglovin feed is blowing up with book spine poetry). I'm absolutely in love with you poems and I must give this a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can do your own book spine poetry anytime. Even though LoveAThon might end this weekend, spreading the love in the book blogging community should never end!

      Delete
  7. Lol it took me a minute to get the site name.
    I think you did a good job. I will say I like the first as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely a lot harder than I thought, and I could not create a poem with more than three books, but I think it was fun.

      Delete
  8. Seriously, meeting new friends is one of my favorite things about blogging! I love meeting people who love the same things I do, and blogging has certainly helped me do that. Thanks for joining the Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already met so many new friends during the Love A Thon and there is still a whole day to go! Thanks for hosting this amazing event!

      Delete