/>

July 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Have Procrastinated on too Long


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

In case you did not know, I have a major procrastination issue. For example, I am writing this TTT less than 8 hours before it is supposed to go live. I hardly ever schedule any posts. And worst of all, it takes me at least a couple of months to read hyped up books. 

I have talked about my book procrastination problems before, and I fully admit that the list of books I should read but haven't has gotten significantly longer. 

There is just something about hyped up books that triggers a procrastination reaction in me. Whenever I come within 5 feet of a newly popular book my body breaks out in hives and it feels like I am suffocating. I have problems, I know. 

With full disclosure, I am going to share my top ten (of many) books that I have procrastinated to read. Please do not shun me or cause me any bodily harm when you figure out the extremity of my issues (aka after you finish reading this post).




A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)



An Ember in the Ashes by Sabba Tahir

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)



The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)



These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)



Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver

Vanishing Girls



Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Dangerous Girls



Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1)



Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Cruel Beauty



The Heir by Kiera Cass

The Heir (The Selection, #4)



We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

We Were Liars

And the list goes on and on and on, into infinity. I have accepted the fact that there will always be more hyped up books being released and my procrastination-obsessed mind will not be able to catch up.


Have you read any of these books? If so, can you convince me to finally give them a shot? If not, are you planning to read them? Are you procrastinating like me? Do you have a problem with putting off reading hyped books?

No comments:

Post a Comment