/>

November 27, 2015

Blogger Positivity Campaign | A letter to Maggie Stiefvater (and other equally amazing authors too)



Today's challenge to bring some blogging positivity is a simple thank-you note. I may have broken the rules a little bit (I hope you can forgive me) and added in a little bit extra to my letter. 

I am writing to one of my favorite authors, Maggie Stiefvater. 



Dear Maggie Stiefvater,

I sincerely doubt that you are even going to read this, but here it goes anyway.

Thanks for being your awesome author self. Thanks for showing me that authors are (somewhat) normal people too. Thanks for showing me that the world might get in your way, but you can also get in the world's way.

Thank you for showing me that in order to be creative you also have to be a little bit crazy. And that is okay. 

Thank you for showing that it is okay to not be normal, to be wrong, and to have a bad day. Thank you for teaching me that if you have made a mistake, you have to own up to it and apologize.

Thank you for the Shiver series and the Raven Cycle series, which have sincerely changed my life. They introduced me to a new genre in YA and are honestly one of the reasons why this blog exists. (One of our first reviews was for Shiver). They showed me that magic is possible in everyday life, if you are willing to search for it.

Thanks for showing me that you can have other passions (like cars and cookie dough) and still be a kick-butt author. Thanks for being so honest, hilarious, and most of all, REAL, on social media. Your commentary on everything from music to races with John Green have been a great example to me about how to make the most of social media.

Sincerely,
Tessa

Here are a couple of mini letters to some other amazing authors that I am also very grateful for.

Dear Ava Jae,

Even though I have not read your book yet, I already know it is going to be awesome because you are so awesome. Your statements on Twitter have showed me that it is alright to have opinions contrary to the popular ones, and proclaim that you do. You have showed me that editing is very important, and your posts have given me some incredibly helpful tips to improve my writing. Thank you for showing me that you can be an author, an editor, and an amazing human being all at the same time. 

Sincerely,
Tessa

Dear John Green,

I have already rambled about your books enough on my blog, but I know that you believe in a lot more than that. Thank you for not stopping at writing. Thank you for the Crash Course videos (they have certainly helped me during some late-night study sessions), vlogbrother videos, pizzamas, and always reminding me to don't forget to be awesome. 

Sincerely,
Tessa

Dear J.K. Rowling,

What do I even say to you, the creator of my childhood best friend and my lifelong passion for words, fantasy, and writing? How do I tell you how much your works have affected my life while still remaining coherent? I guess that I cannot, considering how many rhetorical questions I just used. Oh well.

Thank you for introducing me to magic. Thank you for helping me believe that magic not only exists at Hogwarts, but in my life too. 

Sincerely,
Tessa

Which authors do you want to thank? What else has contributed to your life as a reader that you are thankful for? How was your Thanksgiving? How do you think the campaign is going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment