/>

June 14, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Even More Books I Need to Read This Year


This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

This week we are discussing my reading goals for the rest of the year and my (impossible plans) to read all of the late 2016 releases that I want to read. 

My original goal for books this year was 80 books. We are currently halfway through the year and I am only at 25 books. But I still have hope to reach my goal, especially since there are a ton of late 2016 releases that are motivating me to read.





Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

I just finished reading Six of Crows and I could not have been more impressed with the book. Leigh Bardugo is literally the master of writing YA fantasy. You can read more about my experience with Six of Crows here.

Since the first novel was so amazing (and there was a serious cliffhanger) I am really looking forward to Crooked Kingdom this fall. 

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favorite series. I completely adore Taylor's lyrical and descriptive writing, as well as her unique fantasy worlds. I will gladly devour anything that she chooses to write.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Even though I have not finished the Lunar Chronicles yet (I am trying to re-read a couple of the books before I finally read Winter), I am excited for Meyer's new series. Fairytale retellings are still one of my favorite subgenres and I am looking forward to her take on Alice in Wonderland. 

The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

The Queen of the Tearling series has been creeping up my favorites list. I adored the first book, and I enjoyed the second book as well. The world is so complex and amazing. I will admit that the second book veered a little bit of track and confused me at times, but I am still anxious to see how the series is going to end this fall. 




Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae is another book that I have very strong feelings about. I even wrote my first GIF review in honor of its amazingness.  It is an understatement to say that I am pumped for the sequel. I know already know that Gemina is going to be one of my favorite books of the year. 

Replica by Lauren Oliver

I have mixed feelings about Lauren Oliver's writing. I enjoyed Delirium but I could not get myself to finish Before I Fall. Her characters are really hit or miss for me. But, like the optimistic reader I am, I am going to give her new series another shot to impress me.
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige


The Dorothy Must Die series is yet another one that I have yet to finish. I read the first book and most of the novellas, but I have not gotten my hands on the second book in the series. But I do know that I love Paige's twisted take on the classic Wizard of Oz and I really want to see what she is going to do with Snow White.

A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess

This year was supposed to be my year of reading debut novels (I even signed up for the Debut Novel Challenge) but it has not been going so well. A Shadow Bright and Burning is the only debut novel on my list so far, but I am trying to change that. (If you have any suggestions for 2016 debut novels that I should read, leave them in the comments!) 

What books are you looking forward to for the rest of this year? How many books have you read so far this year? Do you have any suggestions for 2016 debut novels for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment